Monday, April 16, 2012

Featured artist: For Goodness Grape

Today's featured artist is Lisa from ForGoodnessGrape. She creates amazingly unique Lip Balm, Lip Tints, Lip Scrubs & Perfume and has had a number of items do very well in our contest!

Iced Fruit Pops Lip Candy - Shea Butter Lip Balm - Handmade - The Best Lip BalmApril 4th, 2012 - 32nd place
Iced Fruit Pops Lip Candy - Shea Butter Lip Balm - Handmade - The Best Lip Balm
by ForGoodnessGrape




You can find her at her website: www.ForGoodnessGrape.com
Facebook: Facebook.com/ForGoodnessGrape
Blog: www.ForGoodnessGrape.blogspot.com
Twitter: Twitter.com/4goodnessgrape
The Grapevine Members Newsletter Signup: eepurl.com/BfE1

Tell us a bit about yourself:
Hi! I'm Lisa...the artesian and chief formulator behind ForGoodnessGrape:) I am happily married to my soul mate and IT guy. (what a great benefit!) We live in Columbia, MD which is close to Baltimore and Annapolis. I am a full time Executive Assistant at an international and very well know stock brokerage firm. I love to keep busy so ForGoodnessGrape keeps me very busy.

My GRAPE Philosophy is that I believe looking and feeling beautiful shouldn’t be a chore, it should be FUN and ForGoodnessGrape brings you some of the finest all natural handmade products that you can count on having fun with and feeling flirty while wearing them. I put all of my energy into natural lip products and perfumes.

Pink Sugared Lemonade Sugary Lip Scrub - Handmade Exfoliating Sugar Lip ScrubApril 7th, 2012 - 53rd place
Pink Sugared Lemonade Sugary Lip Scrub - Handmade Exfoliating Sugar Lip Scrub
by ForGoodnessGrape




What got you started in creating lip balms and things?
In 2008 I learned to make soap and loved it so much. I opened an Etsy shop called My Spa Secrets that sold soaps, salts and bath bombs. The competition is fierce on Etsy for soaps etc so I thought I’d add lip balm to my shop. I read so much on line about it, collected different recipes and watched on line videos. When I finally tried making Lip Balm I really loved it. My first lip balm that I made for myself was a grape flavored. When I was thinking of a name for it ForGoodnessGrape popped into my head. I loved the name so that how ForGoodnessGrape was started. Since then I’ve added solid perfume sticks, lip tints and shimmer tints, lip scrubs and perfume oil.

Bananas Foster Lip Balm - The Best Lip BalmBananas Foster Lip Balm - The Best Lip Balm
by forgoodnessgrape




What's your home like?
Very eclectic since that’s the design style I’m naturally drawn to. I love design and once that I’d be an interior designer but life took me in a different directions. I have a very nice studio space in my basement that I love working in.

Chocolate Lavender Lip Balm - The Best Lip BalmChocolate Lavender Lip Balm - The Best Lip Balm
by forgoodnessgrape




What inspires you?
WOW! I get inspiration from just about anything. I keep a notepad on my phone so that I can write down anything that just pops into my head. And the nice thing about owning your own business is that you can act immediately on your inspirations. Big companies can’t do that.

Marilyn Lip Tint - Tinted Lip Balm - Sexy RedMarilyn Lip Tint - Tinted Lip Balm - Sexy Red
by forgoodnessgrape




Have you bought anything cool off etsy lately?
I love getting digital scrapbook papers from Etsy and that’s what I use for the backgrounds on all of my product labels. I love KatiesWish and get a lot from her. Here’s the link to her site: www.etsy.com/shop/KatiesWish

Tips for other etsy artists?
Just keep following your dreams and passions no matter what. It does take time to develop a fantastic product that really speaks your name. But if you keep reaching for the stars your dreams will come true.

Queen of Hearts Strawberry Sugary Lip Scrub - Handmade Exfoliating Sugar Lip ScrubQueen of Hearts Strawberry Sugary Lip Scrub - Handmade Exfoliating Sugar Lip Scrub
by forgoodnessgrape




Most important thing you've changed about your shop or products since starting on etsy?
My design and photography style. I’ve always kept it similar but it is so much more sophisticated now and I’ve learned to use a camera better so I really LOVE it now. Advice: Do make sure you have a great banner on Etsy and do make sure your photos are outstanding and use lots of light.

No comments:

Post a Comment