Saturday, July 14, 2012

Featured artist: heartfeltbymsmegas and her adorable felt plushie creations

heartfeltbymsmegas had some fabulous things in the recent Welcome Wednesday contests for new shops... I just adore this theme, where every week we only feature shops that have opened in the last few months on Etsy. Megan's shop opened in April and her little felt creations just did wonderfully, so I wanted to ask her some questions.

Happy Hedgehog and Apple Embroidery Hoop Brown Flower Fabric Wall ArtHappy Hedgehog and Apple Embroidery Hoop Brown Flower Fabric Wall Art
by heartfeltbymsmegas




Tell us a bit about yourself?
My name is Megan, and I’m a 22 year-old college student and future ESL teacher. My love of languages combined with my British heritage has given me a passion for different cultures. Dresses, cake in any form, and all things cutesie, geeky and retro are my obsessions. And I have a secret aspiration to be a baker or wedding planner. I have been creating art as long as I can remember, and all of my interests really inspire my creations.

Precious Purple Piggy OrnamentFeatured June 13th, 2012
Welcome Wednesday! The newest Etsy shops' items from $1-$50.

Precious Purple Piggy Ornament
by heartfeltbymsmegas




What got you started?
My first stab at crafts that I recall was making a pair of notebook paper sandals when I was 3. I traced my foot, cut them out, colored them rainbow, and taped the straps on. Ever since then I’ve been incessantly creating, drawing, painting, and crafting.

I began making plushies when my cousin’s friend gave her a little plush felt egg that she’d bought online. I thought it was so cute and cool. That was when I realized that I could make all of the cute characters I drew!

Nerd Girl Felt Phone Case34th place May 23rd, 2012
Welcome Wednesday! The newest Etsy shops' items from $1-$50.

Nerd Girl Felt Phone Case
by heartfeltbymsmegas




What brought you to etsy?
This past January, I had to unexpectedly take a semester off of college, and I had no idea what to do with all of my extra time. I only worked a few part-time hours each week and didn’t have much to do to stave off boredom. That’s when my plushie-making started again, and I had all these plushies lying around. So, I created an account on Etsy and had NO idea what I was getting myself into! Running a shop is a ton more work than it appears. I am absolutely loving growing my shop and learning how to run it well.

Ninja Felt PlushFeatured May 14th, 2012
May 14th! Items from $14-$14.99.

Ninja Felt Plush
by heartfeltbymsmegas




Bought anything cool off etsy lately?
I have so much respect for committed Etsy sellers. So many fantastic shops are out there, and I’m always favoriting more items than I can buy! Recently, I spotted a pair of super cute dinosaur earrings from Mad Aristocrat, which has the most adorable polymer clay jewelry. I was going to buy them, but then my boyfriend surprised me with them as a gift! I might just have to show him some more of my favorite things!

José the Cactus Felt PlushJosé the Cactus Felt Plush
by heartfeltbymsmegas


No comments:

Post a Comment