Thursday, January 3, 2013

Featured shop: RedHillHome antique and vintage

New year, new round of wonderful etsians to feature! Today's shop is RedHillHome, which has had some amazing vintage items in recent contests that we just love! I think the photography in her shop is fantastic too, with lovely examples of how to stage things in case you're looking for inspiration:


Vintage Brass Elegant Romantic Candelabra Candleholder RegencyVintage Brass Elegant Romantic Candelabra Candleholder Regency
by RedHillHome




Tell us a bit about yourself?
I am mom to two wonderful teens, 17 and 18 and have been married for almost 30 years! I am very fortunate as I live in what I think is one of the most beautiful places in the world- the foothills of the White Mountains of New Hampshire. I started hiking those mountains at the ripe age of 50 and love it! I have been a social worker and life coach, but stayed home the last 4 years to be my mom’s caregiver. She has Alzheimer’s and recently entered a nursing home. I owe her and my family so much for that experience.

Vintage Mid Century Pewter Wrapped Hand Painted Blue and White Small Porcelain Bowl Made in Hong KongVintage Mid Century Pewter Wrapped Hand Painted Blue and White Small Porcelain Bowl Made in Hong Kong
by RedHillHome




What got you interested in vintage items?
I started going to vintage and antique shops and thrift stores as a teen with my mom and have never stopped. My dad was in the Army and we were lucky to have been stationed in several places in Europe and North Africa. One of my favorite antiquing memories is going frequently as a teen to the Marche aux Puces in Paris-one of the world’s largest and most exciting flea markets. I saved my summer work money and bought my first antique furniture item when I was 14 and we lived in Virginia– a Larkin desk. I still have it or my daughter does;it’s now in her room. When I was caring for my mom antiquing was something we still could do together. So I guess it runs in the family.

Instant Collection Vintage  4  Volume Set Joseph Conrad Classic Novels published 1924-1926 Mid Century DecorInstant Collection Vintage 4 Volume Set Joseph Conrad Classic Novels published 1924-1926 Mid Century Decor
by RedHillHome




What got you to open your shop on etsy?
I’ve always loved vintage and antique clothing, objects and furniture and now that I have free time have started my Etsy shop. I have realized that life is about following dreams, one step at a time, and this is part of my dream. Like many folks on Etsy I love old things. The history, patina and age give so much character and beauty to vintage and antique things. It gives me joy to find those things and then help them get to the right home! I am planning on opening an antique store seasonally on my front porch this year. We get a lot of tourism in my area so I hope to offer some fun shopping options to visitors and locals alike. Like my Etsy shop it’ll be called Red Hill Home. There is a small mountain, about a 3 mile hike, a few minutes from where I live called Red Hill. Hiking that several times a week with a good friend, and until recently my beloved dog, has been an inspiration to me-so I named my shop after that sacred, to me, place. I don’t have a blog or other site going yet but hope to soon.

Vintage Mid Century Modern Russell Wright Iroquois Chartreuse Pistachio Green Casual China Cup Mint Condition Set of 7Vintage Mid Century Modern Russell Wright Iroquois Chartreuse Pistachio Green Casual China Cup Mint Condition Set of 7
by RedHillHome




What's your home like?
My home is eclectic like my shop. I live in a federal style house that was built in 1812 and served as a lodge in the 1930s. I love oriental carpets and pillows, simple furniture, Asian antiques, mid century chairs, art pottery, silver, pewter, honey colored linen, primitives, old wood-well you get the idea-I like it all! People tell me my house is warm and unique. I am so glad if my vintage and antique decor makes them feel welcome and at home.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you are right. The photos are fabulous. I need to go to the shop and learn a thing or two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful items and very interesting to learn more about this shop.

    ReplyDelete