Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Featured shop: The Peachy Rose

I found a lovely new shop via etsycontest.com recently that I couldn't resist featuring: The Peachy Rose. Allyson does lovely things with mason jars, in addition to the jewelry and bigger home decor items in her shop. I asked her a few questions about it all - you can also follow her on Twitter @ThePeachyRose or facebook: facebook.com/thepeachyrose.

Bronze & Coral Lace Painted  Ball Mason Jar VaseBronze & Coral Lace Painted Ball Mason Jar Vase
by ThePeachyRose




Tell us a bit about yourself?
I am a twenty-one year old college senior living in Southern California. My major is biology, which is much different from the girly finds you will see in my shop. I have a wonderful boyfriend of almost 6 years that will be leaving for the Air Force in December. Art has played a large role in my life. I loved ceramics all throughout high school. After, I began working in a pottery shop for three years. During that time, I was able to help create custom creations for people's loved ones. Soon thereafter, I began making homemade gifts for my own loved ones. Thus, The Peachy Rose was born and named for my dear grandparents who have always shown so much support in whatever I have done.

Lavender Painted Natural Wood EarringsLavender Painted Natural Wood Earrings
by ThePeachyRose




What got started making handmade items (especially out of reclaimed materials, how cool!)?
As a full time college student with a very small part time job, I realized my homemade creations were not only less expensive than buying pre-made gifts, but also meant more to the recipients.I have always loved thought of upcycling materials and making them beautiful again, especially with such simple items. My college is full of agriculture and large beautiful trees everywhere. I saw all of the branches on the ground and thought that I could make something out of them and repurpose the once lively branches. Earrings were one of the first things that came to mind. I love the natural look of the wood, but I also offer painted earrings as well.

Set of 3 Painted Mason Jar Vases:  Peach, Mint, and IvorySet of 3 Painted Mason Jar Vases: Peach, Mint, and Ivory
by ThePeachyRose




What got you to open your shop on etsy?
I first came across Etsy while looking for materials for some of my gifts. Everyone was just so lovely and proud for selling their own products and creations. I believed I was capable in opening a shop, finding people that love my items as much as I do, and have earnings that I could set aside for my graduate school. Since my boyfriend is going to be most likely moving out of state for the Air Force, the ability to retain my business and move it wherever I go really appealed to me.

Natural Eucalyptus Wood EarringsFeatured July 24th, 2013
Welcome Wednesday! The newest Etsy shops' items from $1-$50.

Natural Eucalyptus Wood Earrings
by Thepeachyrose




What inspires you?
Colors, seasons, and vintage items are the most pronounced inspirations for me. I love distressing newer items to give them that vintage appeal. Right now, the fall season is inspiring me. I love the scents and colors, and am in the process of making delightful candles and decor to match the warmth that the season brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment